After reading this article to the end, you will find out: which coffee machine to choose for a coffee shop, what you should pay attention to when buying, how coffee machines differ from each other
- Clever Automatic Customize: Intuitive touch screen display simplifies how to make your favorite café coffee in 3 easy steps Grind, Brew and Milk; You can easily adjust the coffee strength, milk texture and temperature to suit your taste; Then save the setting with your own unique name. Create and save up to 8 personalized coffees
- Automatic Micro Foam Milk Texturing: Auto steam wand, allows you to adjust the milk temperature and texture to suit your taste; Delivering barista quality micro foam that enhances the flavor of the coffee and is essential for creating latté art
- Faster Heat Up Time: Innovative ThermoJet heating system achieves the optimum extraction temperature in 3 seconds; Ready to make your best coffee without the wait
- Precise Espresso Extraction: Digital Temperature Control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
- Integrated Coffee Grinder: With a single touch, the integrated conical burr grinder with dose control delivers the right amount of coffee on demand, for maximum flavor
- Hands Free Operation: Innovative grinding cradle allows any at home Barista to grind directly into the espresso portafilter
There is a saying “a good worker is just as good as his tools”, regardless of their particular profession or industry in which they work.
Thus, no matter how skilled the baristas are, they can be let down by outdated, poorly performing or inappropriate pieces of equipment. This means that the equipment you use to produce high-quality espresso and create a range of specialty beverages is critical to the success of your coffee shop, especially if you are looking for a long-term reputation for excellence.
What to look for when buying an espresso machine?
Brewing volumes and quality of espresso drinks
You’ve probably seen that coffee machines come in two, three or four groups that are capable of producing four, six and eight drinks at the same time. But the number of groups is far from an important indicator of the productivity of a coffee machine.
The coffee machines differ:
1. The number of boilers
For a single boiler coffee machine, the size of the boiler is of great importance. The larger it is, the less likely it is that the temperature will drop on an intense flow. Since it has a heat exchanger that provides the water temperature for the coffee group. And already from this boiler boiling water and steam are supplied to the steamers.
Two-boiler coffee machines (three- and even four-boiler), where each group has separate boilers for steam / boiling water and espresso – a solution designed for greater temperature stability during the preparation of drinks and the ability to set the temperature for each of the boilers.
Of the significant advantages – such a coffee machine lasts longer. The espresso boiler does not form calcium (scale) because it maintains a temperature of 90 to 95 ° C. And calcium precipitates when the water is heated above 100 ° C.
2. The type and number of pumps
water pump– a kind of pump, the function of which is to pump water into the boiler and create pressure. Pumps are vibrating and rotary. Vibration pumps are quite noisy, have unstable pressure, but budget. Rotary – a more stable pressure indicator; in addition, this pump can be removed outside the coffee machine.
- Ergonomic porta filter handle same as the proven design of Rancilio commercial machines
- Commercial grade group head for superb heat stability and extraction quality
- Articulating steam wand offers complete range of motion and professional steaming knob precisely controls steaming pressure
- Classic linear design fits most decors
- Optional pod and capsule adaptor kit available
Due to one pump, the same pressure is set on all groups (for example, 9 atmospheres), at which the espresso is prepared. There are coffee machines with pressure regulation for each group separately – this is achieved by the number of pumps.
3. By way of regulation of heating
The coffee machines regulate heating using a pressure switch or a PID controller.
The pressure switch maintains the preset pressure range and boiler temperature in the coffee machine. It works according to a very simple principle – as the water boils in the boiler and a certain pressure is reached, the circuit, closed by the spring pressure, opens and heating stops. If you increase the compression ratio of the spring with the adjusting screw, the circuit will open later, which means the pressure and temperature will rise higher. This method does not always accurately control the temperature, but it is budgetary.
A pressure switch is not installed on machines with a PID controller. The electronic controller, using a sensor, constantly checks the temperature and, if necessary, switches the heating element on and off. Typically all coffee machines with separate boilers are controlled by a PID controller.
4. Built-in microcomputer (for timer functions or programming portions through the scale)
The timer function is needed to program the espresso brew button for a specific time. This is more convenient, since at this time the barista can be distracted to prepare the next drink and pay the client.
The scale in the coffee machine shows the actual weight of the cup in real time. This allows you to set up your espresso faster.
Your financial budget
The price of a coffee machine is made up of many factors, which, in addition to performance, include: body material, internal filling, number of functions, design, brand and much more. In other words, coffee makers of the same type of the same performance can cost completely differently.
When choosing between features, it can happen that you pay for a feature you never use. Or vice versa – in an effort to save money, lose something important and necessary. The high cost of the espresso machine does not determine the quality of the coffee. First of all, to prepare a delicious drink, you need to have knowledge of coffee and its preparation. The second most important is the correctly selected grain. And only in third place is the equipment.
Espresso Machine & Cappuccino Maker with Milk Steamer- 15 Bar Pump, 7 Pc All-In-One Barista Bundle Set w/ Built-in Frother (Inc: Coffee Bean Grinder, Milk Frothing Cup, Tamper & 2 Cups), 1350W (Silver)
- ✅ ESPRESSO and CAPPUCCINO IN 45 SECONDS- The advanced thermoblock heating system allows you to create Espresso, Cappuccino and Latte in seconds!
- ✅ ESPRESSO MACHINE and LATTE MAKER 15 BAR PUMP PRESSURE SYSTEM- Enjoy great tasting Italian Espresso, Americano and Macchiato!
- ✅ SINGLE ESPRESSO SHOT OR DOUBLE ESPRESSO SHOT- Two stainless steel portafilter baskets included for the option of pulling a single shot or a double shot during each extraction.
- ✅ EASY VIEW REMOVABLE WATER TANK- Conveniently monitor water levels of front view transparent tank (1.25L capacity). Handle included on tank for easy removal for cleaning and refilling.
- ✅ OVER 10,000 UNITS SOLD with an Outstanding Customer service team! Available 24/7 to provide personal assistance at any time!
External characteristics of the coffee machine
The design, color, shape and size of the coffee machine should be in harmony with the interior of the cafe. After all, the coffee machine is the center of the interior. Modern lines of professional coffee machines are diverse and offer enough options for ergonomic, more or less compact (depending on the required production volume), relevant, stylish and fashionable in design devices.